Monday, September 3, 2007

Exhibition and Voyeurism: monkeysoupindulgence#1

So I've been on quite a roll with this blogbanter. BUT today, I wondered to myself: when I press that publish button, does anyone but my immediate circle of confidantes (nishant--maybe my brother) actually take an interest in this forum? It doesn't make a difference either way, because if there is anybody I do write this blog for--besides Nishant who laments the absence of a dumb bestselling book in my resume more than my mother---it's me in the future, at a time in my life I can look back objectively at my self-indulgent entries, roll my eyes, and think myself stupid. Plus, any such curiosity can open that usual can of worms about art and spectator and why we choose to express ourselves, blahblahblah.

But if there is a semi-normal stranger who, while googling misunderstood indian cuisine or a simian fetish, happened upon this remote piece of nonsense, let yourself be known. Maybe a comment or two will spur conversation, keep the entries coming. You might get a new bit of rubbish with every meal, like a little cyber-appetizer, though let's not get ahead of ourselves. If you are out there ( think:cave-like echo into a dark abyss), speak up.

Consider yourself a laxative to my unrelenting narrative.
dm

1 comment:

shreya said...

Helloooo?

(thinking- cave-like echo in a a dark abyss)

Keep it flowing, DM.

- Semi Normal Semi Stranger aka Shreya Ayan's Friend (this is actually quite a standerd introduction for me...I really should meet new people!)